[IGSTK-Developers] Tracking Systems

Frank Lindseth Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Wed Jul 11 00:26:42 EDT 2007

Hi Patrick,

Good idea, I think that this wiki-page will be very useful...
Unfortunately the wiki-page do not seem to be up right now so I send
some info this way:

(from the top of my head, I'm on vacation...:)
SINTEF / National Center for 3D Ultrasound in Surgery:
(Old) Polaris: 2
(New) Polaris Spectra: 3
Aurora: 1
MicronTracker (S60?): 1

(+ a lot of Bird-systems, but to be honest, I'm not sure that any of
them is working...)

Ideally, I think that each system should have it's own "simple" test
(using "standard tools/ROM-files),
if the test, that is listed in the table, succeeds, the tracking
system should be considered working.

In addition I would like to stress the importance of a "proper
reference application" that illustrates core functionality,
components and tracking systems. Using this application the most
common systems like Polaris and Aurora could be tested in a more
realistic way.

Regards,
Frank

On Jul 9, 2007, at 8:19 PM, Patrick Cheng wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This is the table of available trackers at Georgetown and Kitware.
> You can add the systems you have to the list or you can send me
> some notes and I will fill it in.
>
> http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/
> Supported_Tracking_System
>
> This will be a good way to keep track of things.
>
> Patrick
>
> Patrick Cheng wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>> Could you send me a list of tracking systems you have and their
>> conditions? I am making an inventory list on wiki.
>> Thank you,
>> Patrick

Frank Lindseth
Research Scientist (PhD)

SINTEF Health Research
Dept. Medical Technology
N-7465 Trondheim, Norway
Location: Olav Kyrres gt. 9, 4th floor, Trondheim

E-mail: Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Telephone: +47 928 09 372
Telefax: +47 930 70 800