[IGSTK-Developers] Slicer-IGT & IGSTK integration - Progress report

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Tue Feb 13 21:54:39 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

Just want to give your guys an update on the work Noby and I have done
today in Georgetown.

1. We managed to build IGSTK with Sclier and call IGSTK functions in
Slicer under both Linux and Windows.

2. We have tested our code with Polaris Vicra tracker, Slicer now is
able to talk to the tracker through IGSTK tracker interface.

3. No changes are needed for IGSTK, we can build IGSTK as static
library, and link it to other Slicer modules (DLL).

4. Both toolkits have excellent support for cross-platform build, good
extensibility, and functionalities that are complementary to each other.

All these are good signs. We will keep working on making a seamless
connection between Slicer and IGSTK. This integration will be
beneficial for both toolkits, as well as for the IGT community.

Thank you,

Patrick