[IGSTK-Developers] Presentation at SDMS

Kevin Cleary cleary at isis.georgetown.edu
Fri Dec 7 07:46:02 EST 2007

What we need to do is come up with a good real-time operating system
platform for image-guided surgery

We have looked at this with Kitware before but no optimal solution is
available

Although Real-time linux is available, I view it as more of a patch to the
kernel than a true real-time system

I would prefer something like QNX or VxWorks, true real-time OS, but neither
is open source and VxWorks is very expensive

If we could propose a good real-time open source OS, this may be a venue for
future work

Just my thoughts

Kevin C.