[IGSTK-Developers] View class refactoring

Torleif Sandnes torleif.sandnes at sintef.no
Fri Aug 17 09:37:26 EDT 2007

> You can add more than one widget to your application.  That
> shouldn't cause spatialobject
> rendering to disappear. The main constraint is only a single view
> object can be attached to a
> widget. This is similar to the way you are doing it above. Having
> said that,  the rendered objects
> could disappear if you set to the object a transform with a very
> short expiration time.

I didn't set any transforms at all, but I understand that this could
be the problem.
Maybe the default transform of the spatialobject expires.
Strange thing is it only occurs when starting more than one view.
(and it did not occur with the oldt igstkQView2D class).

Also, I add object to the 3D view without setting transforms too, and
they remain.

I will try to add some transforms to my objects with really long
expiration times

Did you have any input on how to get the interactor of a view/widget?
If an IGSTK class should use vtkImagePlaneWidget in some way, how
should it get hold of the vtkRenderWindowinteractor of a view?

I have come across one more issue regarding mouse events, but have
not delved deep into the problem yet:
When i click on a 2D view and listen for transforms from this view, I
sometimes get invalid values for the position along the z axis for
that view. (Which should be constant all over the view). That is, for
a view that is set at z=84.4 I sometimes get  (23.4, 65.3, -835.8).

Regards,

Torleif