[IGSTK-Developers] Re: Connection TrackerTool-Physical tracker port

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Aug 15 19:32:37 EDT 2007

Hi Geir,

I'm assuming that these methods are to be implemented only in
the PolarisTrackerTool and AuroraTrackerTool... is that right ?

Also, do you see any reason for disconnecting/connecting the
tools during the surgery ?

I'm reworking the State machine of the TrackerTool, and I was
assuming that the settings of Port, Channel and SROM were done
at the very beginning, (before starting to track) and never
changed afterwards.

The current intention with the state machine is to ignore
subsequent calls to RequesetSetPort() for example.

A sketch of the proposed State Machine is available in the Wiki:

http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Tracker_interface_changes#Tracker_Tool_State_Machine

This is for the base class TrackerTool.

The derived classes {Polaris,Aurora,FlockOfBirds}TrackerTool,
will have a separate StateMachine where the settings of ports,
channel, bird #, will be made, and a boolean status method will
return if the tool is ready to be used.

  Please let us know what you think of this suggested organization.

     Thanks

        Luis