[IGSTK-Developers] View class refactoring

Torleif Sandnes torleif.sandnes at sintef.no
Wed Aug 15 06:08:04 EDT 2007

> This is definitely a bug. As you have pointed out, type defs were
> missing. Furthermore,  modification was needed in the input
> argument types of the RequestSetView method to be able to handle
> ViewNew2D and ViewNew3D. I have committed  a fix to
> the Sandbox.

Thanks for the fix.
In the process of updating my application to use the new view classes
I have encountered some more issues:

1. There seems to be missing a transition in the state machine for
adding an object after calling RequestInitializeWindowinteractor(). I
got this errormessage from the igstkViewNew log output:

(ERROR) In class ViewNew2D No transitions have been defined for
current state and input  State = 144 [InteractorInitializedState]
Input = 125 [ValidAddObjectInput]

2. I am unable to get interaction working. Looking into the code for
igstkViewNew, I cannot see how the m_Reporter of the view is
connected to the m_Reporter of the igstkQTWidget. Maybe this should
be copied by the proxy? This is what I do:

myWidget = new igstk::QTWidget;
myView = igstk::ViewNew2D::New();
myWidget->RequestSetView(myView);
myView->RequestStart();
myView->AddObserver(igstk::TransformModifiedEvent(), myObserver);

3. I am still missing a method to set the background color of the
renderer.

Regards,

Torleif