[IGSTK-Developers] View class refactoring

Torleif Sandnes torleif.sandnes at sintef.no
Tue Aug 14 04:46:06 EDT 2007

> However, it is now in a reasonably good shape that I would like to
> ask you to take a look at it and
> give me your comments.
>
> Torleif and Frank,
>
> Since you guys have developed QT applications using IGSTK in the
> past, I would appreciate if you
> would play with  the new QT widget and the refactored view classes
> and give me some feedbacks.
> Thank you!

Hi Andinet.

I have started using the new classes and I get into trouble when I
want to use functionality in objects derived from ViewNew:

igstk::ViewNew2D::Pointer my2DView = igstkViewNew2D::New();
my2DView->RequestSetOrientation(igstk::ViewNew2D::Coronal);
gives the compiler error:

   'class igstk::ViewNew' has no member named 'RequestSetOrientation'

I think this is because ViewNew2D/3D does not have it's own 'Pointer'
typedef, but uses its
parent's typedef instead. I tried adding a typedef
itk::SmartPointer<Self> to ViewNew2D but that resulted in compile
errors like these where QTWidget::RequestSetView was called:

error: no matching function for call to
   'igstk::QTWidget::RequestSetView
(itk::SmartPointer<igstk::ViewNew2D>&)'
   note: candidates are: void igstk::QTWidget::RequestSetView
(itk::SmartPointer<igstk::ViewNew>)

Is there something I can do to get around this?

Regards,

Torleif