[IGSTK-Developers] igstkTransfrom documentation update & Style problems

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 6 12:41:56 EDT 2007

Hi Ziv,

Thanks for updating the documentation of the Transform class:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Source/igstkTransform.h?root=IGSTK&sortby=date&r2=1.20&r1=1.19

Unfortunately they introduced several coding style violations.
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTK/Sites/insight.journal.kitware/KWStyle/20070806-0430-Nightly/BuildError.html

Also, I'm not sure that the right thing was to modify the documentation.
It seems that the SetRotation method actually has the bug of not setting
the translation to identity, and the SetTranslation() method has the bug
of not setting the rotation to identity.

This should be necessary because the transform has a single TimeStamp,
and we assume that it is the same for both Translation and Rotation.

I'll suggest that we put the documentation back, and fix the bug in
the implementation of the methods.

Do you see a reason why not initialized Translation / Rotation may
bring any advantage ?

    Thanks

       Luis