[IGSTK-Developers] Tcon minutes March 29, 2007

Frank Lindseth Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Thu Apr 5 01:54:50 EDT 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:51 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi David,
>

>             Yeap, an experiment confirms that I'm wrong.
>

> I just ran a profile of the time that it takes to convert YUV to RGB
> using the code that you contributed to the vtkWin32VideoSource.cxx .
>
> For the same machine of my previous email, and an image of 1024 x
> 768 pixels
> the timing is:
>
>                                           32 milliseconds.
>

> Attached is the code that I used for profiling the conversion.
>
> That code produced the following output:
>

> Probe Tag    Starts    Stops           Time
> Conversion     1         1         0.0319588
> FillBuffer     1         1         0.00697708
>

> I would insist however in that any discussion related to performance
> must be based on numbers that we have measured using repeatable
> experiments. Otherwise we will start looking like reviewers of
> decadent
> Journals.
Thanks for the update Luis and David.
Point taken Luis, we agree 100% that a decision should be taken based
on figures/facts whenever possible.
Still, I'm hoping that a discussion can be raised/started without
having all the hard data on the table (what an how to measure
could be one of the points discussed....).

- Frank