[IGSTK-Developers] GUI

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Fri Jan 20 20:46:34 EST 2006

Hi Kevin,

Right now the View classes are still tightly tied to FLTK,
but there has been definite motion away from absolute
dependence of IGSTK on FLTK.

The Qt licensing issue is a biggie... TrollTech is very
explicit about their commercial licensing conditions.
Anybody working on Qt code that will eventually become
commercial, must hold a Qt commercial license before
they begin working on the code, otherwise the code is
strictly under the GPL and cannot be converted
to the Qt commercial license at a later date.

We can't have GPL code in IGSTK.  We possibly could have
Qt commercial code, but only if any developer who touched
that code held a Qt commercial license.  That's a hard thing
to regulate, but it is potentially doable.

 - David