[IGSTK-Developers] Re: segmentation techniques for the liver

Stephen R. Aylward Stephen.Aylward at Kitware.com
Thu Jan 5 12:30:12 EST 2006

I've uploaded liver CT scans from 3 patients to
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu/Public

The files won't appear in the listing generated at that page.  You must
type the filenames into the webpage path and save them to your disk.
The files are
Liver072.tar.gz
Liver073.tar.gz
Liver080.tar.gz

Each file is about 50 megs.

Each collection has several 2D scout images and two 3D volumes.  The
volumes were acquired at two different time points as the contrast agent
passed thru the liver - in the first the contrast was primarily in the
portal venous system - in the second the contrast also includes the
hepatic venous system and has begun to wash out from the portal venous
system.  For liver segmentation, use the second 3D volume - the liver
parenchyma will have taken up the contrast and it will thereby have
better contrast vs adjacent structures.

These data are old, but good quality (1mm x 1mm x 3mm - clinical
standard at UNC).  These patients were recruited using old HIPAA
requirements and IRB guidelines, and their data was anonymized without a
way of tracing back to the patients.   I discussed this with UNC's IRB
office, and I can release these data; however, please do not distribute
these data to other groups - I am still trying to keep track of their
use and distribution just in case IRB changes their minds.

I will remove these files within a week.  Get them now if you want them.

Stephen