[IGSTK-Developers] Some discussions for today's Tcon

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Feb 23 11:37:33 EST 2006

Hi Guys,

Some major issues I had for the demo. I put some fix in the
Sandbox/IGSTK/Source directory, but I want to talk about it today and
ask for your advice.

1. TimeStamp unite inconsistency problem
    a. RealTimeClock get methods return value in seconds, while we are
using milliseconds to setup expiration time.
    b. confusion in coding 1, unit
       eg. in igstkView.cxx
       renderTime.SetStartTimeNowAndExpireAfter( 1 / frequency );
       should be:
       renderTime.SetStartTimeNowAndExpireAfter( 1000.0 / frequency );
    c. coding confusion 2, duration, not time
      eg. in igstkTracker.cxx
       toolTransform.SetTranslationAndRotation(translation, rotation,
                           transform.GetError(),
                           transform.GetExpirationTime());
       Should be:
       toolTransform.SetTranslationAndRotation(translation, rotation,
                           transform.GetError(),
                           (transform.GetExpirationTime()-
                           transform.GetStartTime())*1000);

2. Constant & Dynamic transform implementation problem, and transform
multiplication

3. ObjectRepresentation state machine refactoring. TimeStamp is not a
property of represenatation class, we should eliminate the following
states.
   //igstkAddStateMacro( ValidTimeStamp );
   //igstkAddStateMacro( InvalidTimeStamp );
   //igstkAddStateMacro( AttemptingUpdatePositionAndVisible );
   //igstkAddStateMacro( AttemptingUpdatePositionAndInvisible );

4. TubeObject problem, Is the geometry really in SpatialObject class?
We have a problem here.

Patrick