[IGSTK-Developers] Agenda for Thursday 1pm tcon

Hui Zhang zhang at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Wed Feb 22 18:24:26 EST 2006

Hi,

A question is, whether we need an ultrasound calibration class for the
ultrasound RF application.
I have implemented an ultrasound calibration class and put the description
in the wiki,
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Calibration_classes
but there has some questions:

1. Whether we need this class?
Ultrasound calibration should be done before the application, just like
tracker calibration. But in the application, those preset calibration matrix
can be written directly inside the code without using this class.

2. This class will introduce affine registration or similarity registration
into IGSTK, so do we need make risk to bring similarity transform and affine
transform inside IGSTK which means more work?
In my current code, I temporally use vtk classes to get affine and
similarity transform. Those extended factors (scale) are caused by that the
input information in the class from ultrasound image is the landmark point's
index, not the real coordinate. If we switch the input from index to real
coordinate, we only need rigid-body transform. But can we get spacing
information from ultrasound video input?

Although I have finished this class, IGSTK should be a tight and elegant
toolkit. So I am not sure whether we need this utility class or not. Please
feel free to comment on this.

Regards,
James