[IGSTK-Developers] plans for future iterations and Georgetowndemo applications

Hui Zhang zhang at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Mon Feb 20 18:16:22 EST 2006

Hi, Andinet,

AFAIK, the robot's interface is coming with the manufacturer of the Deck of
Cards robot, which uses a Server/Client mechanism. When Heesu's application
is running, the server should run at the background and the application may
establish a communication with the server by the TCPIP communication (not
quite sure). The TCPIP mechanism can make it work as a distributed control
system.
In Heesu's application, the deck of cards robot uses a Z-frame registration
and show the image guidance as the Needle biopsy application. Z-frame
registration is actually an extention of point-based rigid-body registration
which maybe you would be interested to put it into IGSTK. The idea is to use
one slice of z-frame intersection to determine the landmark points which are
then used in the landmark registration.

Regards,
James