[IGSTK-Developers] Sandbox decoupling

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Aug 15 18:11:38 EDT 2006

Now that we are wrapping up the main developing effort,
it seems to be a good time for decoupling the Sandbox
from the main IGSTK library.

We are still using the system that merges IGSTK into
the Sandbox and test everything combined as if the
Sandbox were absorbing all the code.

This approach was used during the period we were refactoring
IGSTK classes and brought them to the Sandbox in order to
accelerate the process.

The same model doesn't seem to be maintainable for the next
stage of the toolkit, which is probably a smoother and more
incremental evolution of the classes.

We could remove the mechanism that copies all the files from
the main library into a sandbox directory, and simply build
the Sandbox as a external project based on IGSTK. In this
more normal scenario there will be no duplication of code
between the main IGSTK and the Sandbox.

Please let us know if you see any drawback in proceeding
with this clean up.

   Thanks

      Luis