[IGSTK-Developers] CMake scripting capabilities?

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Fri Apr 21 01:26:28 EDT 2006

Hi Kevin,

CMake has support for task execution too, but might not as powerful as
Ant.

cmake -P script.file

This will execute the script file without generating the make files or
VS project files.

cmake has a 'EXEC_PROGRAM' command
EXEC_PROGRAM(Executable [directory in which to run]

                         [ARGS <arguments to executable>]
                         [OUTPUT_VARIABLE <var>]
                         [RETURN_VALUE <var>])

I don't know if this is enough for your task, but the cmake scripting
language is easier to read and write than xml.

cmake also has an option to run command:
cmake -E chdir dir cmd [args]....
This is less flexible as using cmake script.

2cents.

Patrick