[IGSTK-Developers] phantom and other test data needed for IGSTK project

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Thu Apr 20 14:17:27 EDT 2006

Dave:

For the IGSTK project, we could use some more test data sets such as:

1) a MRI brain that shows a tumor on one side (useful for making sure we
don't flip orientation) - the question will be whether we can release an
anonymized version of one from the hospital without some type of IRB
approval - can you check this out for me?

2) Datasets acquired in axial, saggital, and coronal orientation using the
torso phantom (CIRS model 57: http://cirsinc.com/057_mri.html). Can we
acquire datasets this way on the CT scanner? We need it for testing that our
software correctly reads orientation information from the DICOM header.

The developers may have other requests later but let's start with these. The
orientation data sets you provided before have been very useful.

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center:  <http://www.isis.georgetown.edu/> www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group:  <http://www.caimr.georgetown.edu/> www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS:  <http://www.washcas.org/> www.washcas.org
Email:  <mailto:cleary at georgetown.edu> cleary at georgetown.edu