[IGSTK-Developers] igstkImageSpatialObject RequestGetITKImage()?

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Thu Apr 6 15:44:11 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm working on the image-to-image registration class and I need to
access the ITK image from the igstkImageSpatialObject class.
At this point I have two options:

1) Make the registration class a friend of igstkImageSpatialObject so I
can access the itkImage pointer.

2) Add a RequestGetITKImage() public function in the
igstkImageSpatialObject class and return an event with a const pointer
to the ITK image.

Option (2) sounds better for people to add their own registration
classes without having to modify (i.e add their own class as friend) the
igstkImageSpatialObject class. But maybe option (1) is better.
Maybe there are some other alternatives...

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Julien