[IGSTK-Developers] Crash recovery?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Sep 9 17:25:34 EDT 2005

Tina,

If we implement applications as C++ classes that derive from an
igstk::Application class endowed with a State Machine, then testing
of the application should be feasible with 100% code coverage and
with full path combinations (calling its method in arbitrary orders).

Stress testing should also be possible, since it becomes a matter
of adding new test programs that rerun the application class as many
times as desired and in as many combinations of inputs as desired.

The use of simulators, such as the tracker simulator that Hee-Su
wrote, will help a lot to make this vision of full testing a practical
reality.

    Luis