[IGSTK-Developers] suggestion for annotation

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Sep 8 23:46:01 EDT 2005

Hi Hee-su,

Using SpatialObject and ObjectRepresentation as base classes for
annotations is a good idea.
The way to think about it is that the text is data, the SpatialObject
associates a location with the text.

However, the TextObjectRepresentation2D can't ignore the transform,
because even in a 2D view we
sometimes want to be able to associate a particular data coordinate with
an annotation.

For annotations that are displayed in view coordinates, we need a
separate class from the one that
uses data coordinates.

- David