[IGSTK-Developers] Crash recovery?

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Sep 8 22:23:52 EDT 2005

I think that I should clarify a bit: a lot of the equipment found in
an OR is remarkably reliable, such as the anesthesia machines
and the bed itself.  For electrical or mechanical devices that
actually go into the patient, such as bipolar tweezers or drills,
I saw the surgeon do a quick equipment check every single
time before touching the patient.

Anything associated with a PC was a different story, though.
The Windows 2000 that is used in the OR is no different from
the Windows 2000 that goes on a home PC.