[IGSTK-Developers] Crash recovery?

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Sep 8 18:38:42 EDT 2005

Hi Tina,

So far we've focused on crash avoidance, but crash recovery is definitely
a good thing too.  Crashes can't be completely avoided (at least not on
Windows
or Linux, which are the target operating systems).

Right now the way that igstk object do their logging isn't suitable for
recovery,
the loggers are being used to keep track of method calls, state changes,
etc.

What we would need is to keep a log of specific information that can be used
for crash recovery, e.g. which data sets have been loaded, what the
result of
most recent patient registration was, etc.

There are no plans to support this in the current iteration, but since the
Reader and Registration classes have just been added, it's probably worth
considering how those classes can log some info that can be use for
recovery.

 - David