[IGSTK-Developers] Data files for IGSTK tests

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Sep 1 09:03:25 EDT 2005

Hi Andinet,

For dashboard testing, CVS is definitely the most
convenient because the dasboard machines can just
do a "cvs update" every night to grab the newest
data.  I think that it would be good to have a
couple small data sets (i.e. with just two or three
slices) in cvs for testing the readers.

It's probably worth looking at the actual file sizes
involved for full-resolution data sets.

Typical CT: 512kb per slice, 65Mb per data set
Typical MR: 128kb per slice, 16Mb per data set
Typical Fluoro: 10Mb but highly variable

So even a small collection of full-resolution images
is going to be close to 100Mb.

My thoughts are that most of the tests can run fine
with only a partial data set, so we should have some
partial data sets in CVS for this purpose.  A data
directory already exists in CVS: IGSTK/Testing/Data

For full data sets, I think that ftp is the best
option because we can eventually write scripts that
will automatically go to the ftp server and get
the most recent data sets as part of the "make"
process.

With a zip file, it is necessary to grab the entire
archive even if only a single new file has been added.

What is DSpace?

 - David

--- Andinet Enquobahrie <andinet.enqu at kitware.com>