[IGSTK-Developers] Sequence Diagram for DICOMImageReader

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Thu Oct 6 13:23:48 EDT 2005

Hi Kevin,

> It seems in both the success and failure cases that the
> SM sets its state before the actual transition operation
> is executed (as per the needed change in Processinput
> a few weeks back). This creates a situation where the
> target state is set before the transition completes
> (or even starts). This would be a problem in a
> multithreaded scenario, as there is a period when the
> state is basically incaccurate. It is worse in the
> failed case, since the state is set to "ImageRead", yet
> if the transition operation fails (AttemptReadImage)

Kevin,

Yes, that was a bug....I guess we might have to increase the number of
reviewers per class to three instead of two :)
I have fixed this bug by introducing a new "ImageReadingSuccessInput"
state input. And, hence there will  be a state transition to "ImageRead"
only if
this input is pushed in to the state machine...If there is a problem in
image reading,  an error event is thrown and the object "stays" in the
"ImageDirectoryNameRead" state.

thanks for catching that...Kevin...

-Andinet