[IGSTK-Developers] SpatialObject calibration transform

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Wed Nov 30 14:18:03 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

What I was trying to say in the Tcon is:

the cylinder object (longest axis) is align with Y axis in image space
(inherited from ITK by default). while the probe is aligned with the
tracker's X axis.

So when we get the PatientTransform, which essentially align the image
space and tracker space together, but still the cylinder spatialobject
and the probe is not aligned correctly. We need first rotate our spatial
object to align with the probe, and then use the pivot calibration
transform to get the tip translation.

This adjustment of the spatial object's coordinate system, can be done
by adding the rotational information to tool calibration transform. or
we can add it to a upper level transform when we construct a spatial
object group to model the probe.

Patrick
--
Peng (Patrick) Cheng
Software Engineer
cheng at isis.georgetown.edu

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology, Georgetown University Medical Center
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603
Washington, DC, 20007

Work phone: 202-687-2902
Work fax:   202-784-3479