[IGSTK-Developers] Requirement section headings in bug tracker

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Nov 17 14:25:22 EST 2005

Hi All,

Picking up where we left off on the idea of requirement section headings
and the bugtracker:

The headings entries in the bug tracker could be formatted nearly the
same as the requirements themselves, but with the last digits missing:

REQ 06
Tracker Requirements

REQ 06.01
Tracker Functional Requirements

The point brought up by Luis is that we need to enforce that people
don't commit code using a heading number instead of a full requirement
number.

I think this is already enforced, because Andy's scripts refuses to
accept commits unless the CVS log follow the following pattern:

ENH: [description of change] REQUIREMENT: REQ ##.##.##.

Any attempt to commits code to a requirement of the form "REQ ##.##" or
"REQ ##" will be refused, just as it should be.

So are we okay to add the section headings to the bugtracker?

 - David