[IGSTK-Developers] VTK_DEBUG_LEAKS option

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Nov 3 10:00:46 EST 2005

Thanks for the hint, this highlighted a bit of code that wasn't deleting
a igstkVTKLoggerOutput object.

The VTK-derived classes in IGSTK (View, VTKLoggerOutput)
don't have smart pointer typedefs, which make them succeptible to
leaks like this.  It's easy to remedy, though, because we can add
vtkSmartPointer typedefs to these classes as follows:

    typedef vtkSmartPointer<Self>          Pointer;
    typedef vtkSmartPointer<const Self> ConstPointer;

I've already done this for VTKLoggerOutput.  I'll do the same
for the View classes.