[IGSTK-Developers] Debugging

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Tue May 31 09:17:50 EDT 2005

Hi Sohan,

I did a bunch of debugging over the weekend, and here is some info about the
"uncaught exceptions":

If you want to place a breakpoint to see what is going on, the best
place to insert the breakpoint is
probably line 186 of the file ITK/Code/Common/itkTestMain.h:

    catch(...)
      {
      std::cerr << "ITK test driver caught an unknown exception!!!\n";
      result = -1;
      }

The "unknown exceptions" that I've seen so far are all related to memory
problems.  I've done some memory-related fixes and, at least on my computer,
and I don't see these "unknown exceptions" any more.

The fixes that I did are outlined in my cvs logs:

http://public.kitware.com/IGSTK/Sites/voltaire.caddlab.unc/Sandbox-Linux-gcc-3.3/20050531-0430-Nightly/Update.html

With more here: (ignore the "Logger" related changes since they are
unrelated, I just
needed better logger output in order to assist my debugging):

http://public.kitware.com/IGSTK/Sites/voltaire.caddlab.unc/Sandbox-Linux-gcc-3.3/20050531-0430-Nightly/Update.html

Try things out when you have a chance and tell me how it goes.

 - David