[IGSTK-Developers] New class: igstkNDICommandInterpreter

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Fri May 13 16:41:55 EDT 2005

Hi Sohan,

I added a new class to CVS today called the NDICommandInterpreter.
This class is a replacement for my old C code in
Sandbox/Utilities/Atamai/ndicapi,
it duplicates most of the ndicapi functionality except that it doesn't
include any
code for multithreading or serial communication.

The way the class will work is as follows:

The igstkAuroraTracker class will have a m_CommandInterpreter private
variable
where it will keep an instance of NDICommandInterpreter.  Also, the
AuroraTracker
will call m_CommandInterpreter->SetCommunication(this->GetCommunication())
to connect its communication object to the NDICommandInterpreter.

Yes, I know that the Communication object is a private member of
igstkTracker, so
we will have to add a protected GetCommunication() method to igstkTracker.

Every time that igstkAuroraTracker wants to send a command to the Aurora, it
will call the appropriate command method on the NDICommandInterpreter.
The NDICommandInterpreter will then send a correctly encoded text command
via the Communication object, and when it receives the reply, it will
decode it.

 - David