[IGSTK-Developers] LOG4CXX test on IGSTK state machine

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs.unc.edu
Fri Mar 18 12:16:53 EST 2005

Hi,

Sorry I was not on the T-Con yesterday. I don't know if Luis was...
Just a couple of things on log4cxx since we tried to add it into ITK
last week with some difficulties.

1) Only the "old" release of log4cxx can be used since the new one
requires the Apache package. That means that we won't be able to update
log4cxx in the future.

2) I've worked on fixing the "old" release to compile with cygwin (gcc),
Borland compiler and Intel compilers. However log4cxx currently does not
support gcc 2.95 and it is not a trivial thing to make it work on this
compiler.

That said, log4cxx will probably be removed from ITK, unless the gcc
2.95 and other issues are solved. At the same time, Luis is collecting
some ideas/feature requests to design our own logging facility. (Luis
might be able to give more info on that).
Therefore, I'm not sure if we should still rely on log4cxx for IGSTK.
IMHO, we only need basic logging for IGSTK (smtp, socket, etc... are not
useful).

Sorry if Luis as already pointed this out yesterday,

Julien