[IGSTK-Developers] log4cxx test

Hee-su Kim hkim at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Thu Mar 10 12:27:11 EST 2005

Hello,

This is the update for log4cxx test app.

I tried to log messages to a console, file, NTEventLogger, remote socket server and e-mail(SMTP) through the PropertyConfigurator and property configuration file.

Former 4 targets were working well except for SMTP.

 Currently, appenders exist for the console, files, GUI components, remote socket servers, NT Event Loggers, and remote UNIX Syslog daemons.

As the tutorial is saying, only console, files, remote socket servers, NT event loggers and UNIX syslog daemons are available now. Classes for GUI components don't exist. (I guess it's user's responsibility to redirect messages to GUI)

Although SMTPAppender code exists in LOG4CXX source, it seems not available yet.

The functionalities are not fully supported yet.

I think that's the reason why the version of LOG4CXX is 0.9.7.

Kevin suggested discussion to decide whether LOG4CXX will be used for IGSTK as Sohan said that people agreed to use it but there was no discussion on LOG4CXX.

I haven't enough experience in LOG4CXX yet.

Hee-Su