[IGSTK-Developers] Requirements on the Bug Tracker

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Wed Jun 8 12:35:24 EDT 2005

Hi Brian,

In order to move forward with the tracking code, I need to generate some
new requirements so that me and Hee-Su can add certain pieces of code to
CVS.  I took a look at the "Requirements Process" diagram on the wiki,
and it looks like the approach that I should take is the following:

1) I add the requirement to the "Design Discussions" section of the wiki
so that people can have a look
2) The requirement is discussed at the t-con
3) If the requiment is accepted, you add it to the bug tracker so that
it can go into CVS

This is straightforward, but I have a couple questions about the bug
tracker:

What do the bug tracker requirement numbers e.g. REQ 05.07.03 mean?

Also, when you add requirements to the bug tracker, would it be possible
to add a short description of the requirement to the bug summary like this:

REQ 05.07.04 - Each IGSTK component requires PrintSelf

instead of just the requirement number "REQ 05.07.04"?  The way the
requirements are listed on the bug tracker right now, I have to click on
the requirement to read a description, and it would be much more
convenient if requirements had a short summary like the bugs do.

 - David