[IGSTK-Developers] CVS Commit Messages MUST have a valid BUG: number

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jun 7 08:42:32 EDT 2005

Hi Hee-Su,

You committed yesterday changes to the CVS repository using
the following comment:

   "BUG: 1 failed to resolve operator<<(ostream, vtkIndent)
    namespace issue on VC6 and some Linux."

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Source/igstkView.cxx?rev=1.14&root=IGSTK&sortby=date&view=log

    However,

                     "BUG: 1"

        is not a valid bug number for IGSTK.

You should have created a bug entry for this issued in the
phpBugTracker, and only after that committed your changes
into CVS. At that point you would have had a real BUG Id
to refer to in your CVS comment.

Please don't use bogus numbers for the BUG Id, that defeats
the purpose of the controls that we have set up for the
software development process.

The reason why we put these controls in place is to aproximate
our process to the FDA requirement on traceability for software
development to be used in medical devices.

You can create bug entries just by using the link:

             http://www.itk.org/Bug/index.php

Just create your own account (don't need permissions from
anybody), and select "IGSTK" after you click on the "Add new Bug"
link at the top of the page.

Please let me know if you find any difficulties creating
your bug tracker account.

    Thanks

      Luis