[IGSTK-Developers] MICCAI Papers : Paragraph to put at the end of the Introduction

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 28 23:23:13 EDT 2005

Kevin, Brian

As we discussed today at the tcon, here is the
paragraph that I would suggest to put at the end
of the introduction.

    Luis

The IGSTK toolkit is Open Source software distributed under a BSD-like
license equivalent to VTK and ITK licenses. The software is developed
following the practices of Agile Programming and therefore is made
available from the very early stages of development. All the information
related to IGSTK can be downloaded from www.igstk.org. Instructions for
configuring and building the toolkit are available at
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/How_to_build_IGSTK. You
are welcome to try the software, review the source code and send your
comments to the IGSTK development team. Note that this software should
only be use in clinical cases under IRB approval. You are allowed to use
IGSTK for free in commercial applications but it is your responsibility
to perform the tests and validations required by regulatory bodies such
as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).