[IGSTK-Developers] Dynamic Analysis

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Fri Jul 22 15:36:29 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I looked into the dynamic analyis report on the dashboard and fixed a
couple of the reported memory problems, but my own feeling is that the
code is ready to be tagged and we can fix the remaining memory problems
over the coming weeks.

For anyone unfamiliar with dynamic analysis, it can mean many things but
in the context of the dashboard it means testing for memory leaks,
making sure that variables and arrays are always initialized before they
are used, plus a dozen other memory-related tests of varying criticality.

Note that the dashboard summarizes the dynamic analysis results
incorrectly, so you have to follow the links for the individual tests
and read though valgrind's diagnostic output, which looks like Greek, to
get any useful information.  Maybe Dart requires an older version of
valgrind?   Also, the UNC dynamic analysis reports appear to miss some
of the tests.

 - David