[IGSTK-Developers] paper for SPIE due Jan 16: outline attached

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Wed Dec 28 15:17:52 EST 2005

Hi everyone:

I hope you are having a good holiday and (like me) trying not to work too
much. But unfortunately it seems that the deadlines don't stop coming and I
have a paper on IGSTK due on Jan 16 for the SPIE conference.

I think most of you are familiar with SPIE, but the way it works is that you
put in an abstract in August and if the abstract is accepted the paper is
due by mid-January. The conference is in February in San Diego and this is
the conference for which I am planning the IGSTK demo. I am also the chair
of one of the seven conference tracks and the editor of the volume for this
paper so we can have a little extra time if needed.

What I would like to do is use the paper to describe the current state of
the system and our current example application. I may ask Patrick to do a
lot of this, but I welcome help from anyone else who wants to participate.
For this paper, I would plan on having hard copies to hand out at the SPIE
demo as the proceedings come out shortly after the conference and thus are
not available at the conference.

I am also open to other ideas about what should go in this paper. I want to
be careful about having too many papers on IGSTK with duplicative material,
but I do want to try and get the IGSTK word out at the major conferences.
Also note that this paper does not need to be as rigorous as a journal paper
(not that it should be sloppy, but it can be more of a "work in progress"
paper and go into more detail on the application including code snippets)

So for right now all I did was put it in SPIE format and paste in our
abstract (which was pretty vague and will need to be updated). But I wanted
to get started with this. So please at least check that your name and
affiliation is correct and let me know if you have any other general
suggestions at the moment.

And just in case I forget, Happy New Year to all!

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center:  <http://www.isis.georgetown.edu/> www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group:  <http://www.caimr.georgetown.edu/> www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS:  <http://www.washcas.org/> www.washcas.org
Email:  <mailto:cleary at georgetown.edu> cleary at georgetown.edu