[IGSTK-Developers] follow up from IGSTK advisory board meeting and schedule for the next two weeks

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Mon Apr 18 04:27:31 EDT 2005

Hi everyone:

Greetings from Barcelona! I am here for the IEEE Robotics Conference and to
co-host a workshop on Medical Robotics.

First, thank you all very much for attending the developer's and advisory
board meeting last week. I am a little biased, but I thought it was a great
meeting and as far as I can tell

Below my signature is my start at some notes from the meeting - I will try
to work on a more formal summary later and would be glad to get any feedback
from you

Please note that we need to change the schedule slightly for the next two
weeks for the teleconference:

1)       The teleconference for this week will be at 2 pm on Thursday
instead of the usual time of 1 pm - I will try to find a way to call in from
Barcelona - unfortunately my hotel has the old analog phone system so I am
not sure yet

2)       The teleconference for next week will be Wednesday April 27 at 1 pm
instead of on Thursday - we have our group retreat on Thursday that week

Thanks very much - please let me know if you cannot make the teleconference
this week (Thursday at 2 pm)

Regards

Kevin Cleary

P.S. to David Gobbi: are you on the developer's list? IF that is the case I
will not cc you on these things.

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center:  <http://www.isis.georgetown.edu/> www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group:  <http://www.caimr.georgetown.edu/> www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS:  <http://www.washcas.org/> www.washcas.org
Email:  <mailto:cleary at georgetown.edu> cleary at georgetown.edu

> 1)      We decided to have one iteration per month. This could give us 6

> iterations before the one year review meeting. At least the first

> three of these iterations should focus on continuing to develop the

> base classes. There are two issues: 1) how we manage the hierarchy of

> classes when the base class has a state machine and 2) how this one

> integrates with the base machine of the derived classes. Later

> iterations may move more toward including functionality needed for the
applications.