[IGSTK-Developers] Re: State machine transition diagram (Visio file)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Apr 4 21:23:59 EDT 2005

Sohan, Kevin,

On a lateral note in this topic,

A new test was added yesterday to IGSTK in order to generate
the StateMachine diagrams for every class. This is done by
invoking the Export method of each class.

The test is called:

        igstkStateMachineExportTest

and should be invoked with a directory as argument, like:

        igstkStateMachineExportTest   C:/myDiagrams/

The diagrams are exported in "dot" format (files .dot) and can be
used for generating JPG, XFIG, PS, and several other image formats.

The "dot" tool can be obtained as part of graphviz:

     http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/

The typical dot command will be

     dot -Tgif -o Diagram.gif  igstkTracker.dot

(the igstkTracker.dot is the file generated by the new test above).

As an example, attached is the diagram exported by the igstkTracker
class in its current form.

    Luis