[Geojs-developers] Questions about using GeoJS

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue Jan 12 22:38:34 EST 2016

Hi Erik,

What was the error you ran into with the first approach? I am wondering if
you are running into utf-8 encoding issue since geojs.ext.min.js includes
d3.js as well. Did you have

in your <head> tag?

- Aashish

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Olsen.Erik <Olsen.Erik at ensco.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone had any experience using GeoJS via installing it via NPM? I've
> been trying to import my copy I downloaded via NPM into my application
> ucing CommonJS to import external sources and have been running into an
> error saying that "package geojs could not be found". I found a link to
> TonicDev on the GeoJS page that doesn't seem to import GeoJS properly
> either(https://tonicdev.com/npm/geojs). I was wondering why that is if
> anyone happens to know, in case my case and this case are making the same
> wrong assumptions.
>
> So since the above method of importing GeoJS failed, I tried to import
> GeoJS by importing it via the instructions here:
> http://geojs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/quickstart.html
> I noticed that when I tried to run my 'mymap.html' file via the browser,
> there seems to be an error in the geo.ext.min.js file that causes it not to
> load. However, when I serve up my html file(and the two Javascript files)
> via the GeoJS configuration of the Grunt Server, there is not an issue in
> this file and it seems to work flawlessly. Is there something in the Grunt
> Server Configuration that I should have in my development environment when
> using GeoJS?
>
> Thanks,
> Erik
>
> The information contained in this email message is intended only for the
> use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain
> information that is privileged and sensitive. If you are not the intended
> recipient, or otherwise have received this communication in error, please
> notify the sender immediately by email at the above referenced address and
> note that any further dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> communication is strictly prohibited.
>
> The U.S. Export Control Laws regulate the export and re-export of
> technology originating in the United States. This includes the electronic
> transmission of information and software to foreign countries and to
> certain foreign nationals. Recipient agrees to abide by these laws and
> their regulations -- including the U.S. Department of Commerce Export
> Administration Regulations and the U.S. Department of State International
> Traffic in Arms Regulations -- and not to transfer, by electronic
> transmission or otherwise, any content derived from this email to either a
> foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of such laws.

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*