[Dart] Problem running a submit...

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Jun 22 10:50:24 EDT 2004

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 10:40, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
> Since both the Dart client code and CTest run tests and submit the
> results to a Dart server,
> is there any good reason to support both on the client side?

I think it is up to you to decide what to support. I would say CTest on
the client side and Dart on the server side sounds like a good way to
go. I mean client should be really easy to setup and if you use CMake,
you already have CTest. As of 2.0 there are some features that will make
your life even more simpler.

> I have a situation where the URL formation for triggers would not d
> what I needed.
> In particular, the code assumes that there will be only one parameter
> to the cgi routine on the receiver and that parameter will be the
> mangled file name.  In my case, I need to pass additional parameters.
> Therefore splicing the file name on the end with a "?" produces an
> incorrect URL because it now contains two "?". The correct connector is
> the character "&" for the second and subsequent parameters. (I had
> submitted this code to the dart list, but it was ignored)

ok...

> My question is: Do I need to ALSO fix ctest? If so, why are both being
> supported? IMHO, one should just be phased out.
> Also, is it a waste of my time to try to submit these kinds of changes?
> I get the feeling that "not invented here" may be the rule.

I am not sure why questions on the Dart list are ignored, but if you
submit a bug in the CMake/CTest bug tracker, things tend to get fixed
fairly fast. Especially if you submit a patch.

			Andy