[Ctk-developers] Command Line Modules

Clarkson, Matt m.clarkson at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 04:49:46 EDT 2014

Hi there,

please can people clarify something. In the Slicer Execution Model wiki page [1], it says that the list of file extensions should be a comma separated list of extensions, which I read to mean “no asterisks”. So, something like “nii,nii.gz,mha” and NOT “*.nii,*.nii.gz,*.mha”. Also, the CTK XSD file seems to agree with that:

Can people please reply to me to confirm if they are in agreement/disagreement.
And even better… please can people test their respective applications, and confirm if this is all working as it should be?

I think people need to be careful to check both input and output. In many cases, the input side may well be masked by the application. For example, if the application loads an image into memory, and an “input” combo box simply lists the images currently available memory, then you wont be able to check whether a file open dialog box is actually doing as it should be.

Thanks

Matt

[1] http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Execution_Model_Documentation
[2] https://github.com/commontk/CTK/blob/master/Libs/CommandLineModules/Core/Resources/ctkCmdLineModule.xsd#L431