[Ctk-developers] DCMTK_DIR is found incorrectly

Csaba Pinter csaba.pinter at queensu.ca
Wed Oct 2 10:18:58 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to build CTK separately, but I have problems with linking DCMTK.

The way I build CTK:

-          Turn on CTK_BUILD_ALL

-          Turn on CTK_ENABLE_DICOM (I need this as I want to merge and test my changes in the CTK/Core/DICOM project)

-          Set the qmake executable

-          Configure

-          CMake complains about python paths, I set those manually

-          Configure, Generate

-          Build superbuild

Then DCMTK is downloaded and built by the superbuild, but later on, CTK projects find a completely different DCMTK directory (in my Slicer nightly build directory). I tried to manually add the DCMTK directory to CMake, but this variable does not exist in the superbuild (it is also not passed down), and setting it to the inner CTK project doesn't work.

Basically no matter what I do, the DCMTK path is set to whatever find_project finds. This is what I found in CTKConfig.cmake:
# Update CMake module path so that calling "find_package(DCMTK)" works as expected
# after calling "find_package(CTK)"
# Ideally projects like DCMTK or PythonQt should provide both "Config" and "Use" files.
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
  ${CTK_CMAKE_UTILITIES_DIR}
  ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH}
  )

Now the problem with this is that ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH} is empty, so there is no chance DCMTK is found correctly.

Can someone please help with this?

Thanks a lot,
csaba

Csaba Pinter