[Ctk-developers] Presentation Zovastra Attah and Bug in CTK installation

Zovastra Attah Zovastra.Attah at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu May 9 10:02:47 EDT 2013

Hello!!
My name is Zovastra ATTAH.
I am a student in master 2 Complementary competence in Computer Science.
As part of my end of study I completed an internship at Creatis laboratory
in Lyon(France) on "the exploration and development of plugins for the
medical imaging  CommonTK open-source".

My mission for this course is :

-To contribute to improving the CTK plugin QtTesting analyzing feedback
and solving bugs listed on github.
-Embed in a BBTK implementation features QtTesting provided by CTK
(automated testing of graphical user interfaces in Qt, integrable CTest /
CDash).
 -Possibly integrate BBTK tools MAF Quality Assurance providing various
tests (statistics, respect coding conventions, code complexity, memory
leak, coverage ...).
 I also hold a master medical imaging

I 'm trying to install CTK and I have some bug. Wanting to run
CTK_BUILD_ALL_APPS , After That I have configured and generated and doing
a make. I get as error:
In file included from
/CTK-superbuild/PythonQt/src/PythonQtInstanceWrapper.h:45:0,
                 /CTK-superbuild/PythonQt/src/PythonQt.h:46,
                 /CTK-superbuild/PythonQt/src/PythonQtClassInfo.h:41,
                 /CTK-superbuild/PythonQt/src/PythonQtClassInfo.cpp:42:
/CTK-superbuild/PythonQt/src/PythonQtPythonInclude.h:93:21: fatal error:
Python.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
HEAD is now at 1d46d0e... Include CTest module so that CTestUseLaunchers
is included
[ 56%] Performing configure step for 'qxmlrpc'
make[5]: *** [CMakeFiles/PythonQt.dir/src/PythonQtClassInfo.cpp.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/PythonQt.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [PythonQt-cmake/src/PythonQt-stamp/PythonQt-install] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/PythonQt.dir/all] Error 2
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
CMake Warning:

Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:
CMAKE_C_FLAGS

If I understand CTK  is pointing on the package python already installed on
the machine instead of pointing to the package cloned. I have then
uninstall the package python-dev, but I have always the same errors.
Please can  you give me advise.
I work with fedora
thank