[Ctk-developers] ctkSliderWidget, ctkDoubleSlider and ctkDoubleSpinBox invertedControls property

Miklos Espak espakm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 07:35:15 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

what should we do with this?

The current status is that there are two different spin box implementations.

My one is ctkDoubleSpinBox that derives from QDoubleSpinBox and adds the
invertedControls properties. It's on a branch in our fork.

The other is ctkSpinBox that derives from QWidget.

My fix overrides QAbstractSpinBox::stepBy, so it cannot be merged to
ctkSpinBox as it is. The ctkSpinBox does not have a stepBy function,
although it's part of the public API of QAbstractSpinBox.

I can change ctkSpinBox to use ctkDoubleSpinBox instead of QDoubleSpinBox,
and introduce the invertedControls property in ctkSpinBox by delegation.

But in this way, we would have two spin box classes. (My one could be
internal only, but still.)

Is there a specific reason why the ctkSpinBox derives from QWidget and not
QDoubleSpinBox? The API of the current implementation is not compatible
with the QAbstractSpinBox API what I think, is a problem.

Cheers,
Miklos