[Ctk-developers] ctkDICOMBrowser

Steve Pieper pieper at ibility.net
Tue Jul 9 20:04:46 EDT 2013

Hi Jose -

The pieces in ctk are maybe best used by mixing and matching at the widget
level to get the behavior you are looking for at the application level.
 The ctkDICOM application uses a single ctkDICOMAppWidget which puts them
together in a particular way that is integrated into Slicer and MITK, but
with some customizations on both implementations (let us know if you want
pointers to the code).

You can find the dicom-specific widgets and the other pieces, like the date
range, search boxes, etc in the widget gallery [1].

Note that the ctkDICOMBrowser is a newer work-in-progress that addresses
some of the limitations we found with the older code.  We were just working
on it a month or so ago [2] so it may or may not be ready to drop into your
application.

Note that the browsers (older and newer) is meant to be used with a
ctkDICOMDatabase, so it's an import step followed by a browse step, not
just a file browser.

Hope ctk is useful for you - feel free to make suggestions as you
investigate,
-Steve

[1] http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Documentation/ImageGallery

[2]