[Ctk-developers] Updating the "The Team" page

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sun Feb 17 16:16:04 EST 2013

Hi,

Today I was also thinking about how to leverage the data from Ohloh and
GitHub, freeing us from any "rules" governing the appearance on the
active member/contributor list and the update issues Stephen mentioned.

My original list contained the "active contributors" over the last year
(with a cut of 30+ commits during this period) plus Hackfest members.
But of course there were many more contributors since CTK took off, as
Stephen correctly mentioned.

I would suggest to have three lists:

(1) The "Pro tempore steering committee". As this one is more of
historical interest, I would keep it as it is, maybe rename it to
"Initial steering committee" or "Founders".

(2) A "Supporting institutions" list, similar to the Institutions
section already on the "The Team" page but probably including names of
the heads of the individual supporting institutions/departments.
Figuring out what "supporting" means and if and how this list should be
adapted over time is likely going to involve some discussion.

(3) A list of active contributors. Displaying data from Ohloh (the link
from Stephen) would actually be may preferred solution.

Thanks,

Sascha