[Ctk-developers] problem compiling dcmtk

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Mon Mar 5 11:31:05 EST 2012

Hi Curzio,

I would also suggest to look at the following files to find out which
options CTK expects DCMTK to be built with. I will also notice the
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
option.

See
https://github.com/commontk/CTK/blob/master/CMakeExternals/DCMTK.cmake#L51

and

https://github.com/commontk/CTK/blob/master/CMake/ctkBlockCheckDependencies.cmake#L46

Hth
Jc

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Sascha Zelzer
<s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> instead of modifying the CTK sources, you should just set the CTK
> superbuild CMake variable DCMTK_DIR to the install directory of your
> externally built DCMTK.
>
> Best,
> Sascha
>

> On 03/05/2012 04:39 PM, Michael Onken wrote:
>
>> Hi Curzio,
>>
>> On 05.03.2012 16:14, Curzio Basso wrote:
>>
>>  What I did was to: - substitute the original DCMTK directory that
>>> gets cloned during the superbuild with the most recent snapshot
>>> [...]
>>> So I assume that the right way to proceed is to apply the patch to
>>> the original CTK branch of DCMTK, is that correct? Is there a way to
>>> patch all files (hope so), or do I have to manually download and
>>> apply a patch for each file (boooo)?
>>>
>> The superbuild checks out a specific, "older" DCMTK commit. If you look
>> into /CMakeExternals/DCMTK.cmake there is a line
>>
>>    "set(revision_tag 085525e643cab5ac82)".
>>
>> Exchange that with an up-to-date revision tag, e.g. try the latest one:
>> "d358efbc97c12e3a3a".
>>
>> As far as I know (did not try for a while) CTK should compile and run
>> with the latest DCMTK code; at least it's worth a try since it's a
>> rather clean solution for your problem.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Michael

+1 919 869 8849