[Ctk-developers] sparkit and ctk

Steve Pieper pieper at ibility.net
Thu Jan 26 17:26:15 EST 2012

Hi CTKers -

I wanted to introduce everyone to some of our collaborators who have
recently joined the CTK developers mailing list. Andras Lasso, Csaba
Pinter, Kevin Wang, and Elvis Chen are part of the SparKit effort by the
Ontario government to improve radiation therapy research.  SparKit will use
CTK via Slicer  (More info at links [1], [2] and [3] below).  As part of
this they and are going to start asking some questions and making some
contribution/suggestions to enhance the ctkDICOM code base.  In particular,
we've been discussing how the DICOM browser (e.g. ctkDICOMModel and
ctkDICOMAppWidget) could be improved to look and act more like a clinical
system -- at link [4] below you'll see notes from recent discussions along
with screenshots from several clinical interfaces for reference.

One of the things we'd like to do is start an email discussion of a few
CTK-related issues and then follow up with a phone call (or better, a
google hangout session) to get input from the CTK community.  We'll for
sure want to coordinate with Micheal, Julien, and Marco, but everyone with
an interest is welcome to participate.

Best,
Steve

[1] http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Collaboration:SparKit/OCAIRO