[Ctk-developers] No vertical ctkSliderWidget

Paul Mercea pmercea at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 23 10:46:55 EDT 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a module for Slicer and I'm using some CTK widgets.
I would like to insert a ctkSliderWidget into one of my widgets but for
layouting purposes it would be great if it could have vertical
orientation which it doesn't support yet.
The ctkDoubleSlider in the ctkSliderWidget has a method for setting
orientation so I wondered if there is a reason the ctkSliderWidget
should only be horizontal !?

If you think that a setOrientation(Qt::Orientation) method would be nice
I could contribute that. Just let me know. I would change the main
layout to QGridLayout and in setOrientation( ) I would set the given
orientation to the ctkDoubleSlider and change it's position in the grid
respectively. Or do you think there is a better approach ? Because
changing the main layout from horizontal to vertical seems more
complicated to me.

Thanks.
Paul