[Ctk-developers] ctkWorkflowWidgetStep API

Miklos Espak espakm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 02:35:07 EST 2011

Hi,

I created a few widget steps. I noticed that the user interface is
created lazily, at the first time it is needed, after the first
onEntry call.

For this reason I have to check in the onEntry function if the user
interface has been created, so I can update the GUI.

I have not found a nice way to do this.

There is a "createUserInterfaceComplete" function that "signals" if
the UI has been created. This is not a Qt signal, however, so you
cannot connect it to a slot.

It is not virtual either, so you cannot override it safely.

The only reasonable way I found was to create a
createUserInterfaceComplete2 function in the common superclass of my
widget steps, that calls createUserInterfaceComplete *and* sets a
flag.

Would it be possible to make one of these changes?
  - introduce an isUserInterfaceComplete() function or such
  - make createUserInterfaceComplete virtual
  - make createUserInterfaceComplete a Qt signal, so one can be
notified if the UI is created
  - create the GUI before the first onEntry call

Thanks,
Miklos